Friday, July 31, 2009

Xtreme Lashes vs Novalash

I was trained with Xtreme Lashes in 2006. Their reputation was the reason for my choice- global leader in the eyelash extensions. At the end of 2006 I became pregnant and with my pregnancy I had carpal tunnel. It was so difficult to do lash extensions during that time. I decided to take a break. When I returned from maternity leave I decided not to advertise for my lash extension services. It's now been 3 years and I'm back in the swing of doing lash extensions and loving it!

I was approached by another lash artist to help her while she was on maternity leave. I was more than happy to help her with her clients, however she wanted me become certified in Novalash. I agreed to become certified, but I am thankful that I didn't have to pay the full price for training and a new kit. In April of 2009 I was certified with Novalash.

It's been over 3 months that I've been using Novalash and at first it was my preferred choice, but now I think I've changed my mind. Last week I decided to order a refill for my kit with Xtreme Lashes. I received my kit this week and have been using it all week with clients.

I love the Xtreme Lashes eye/gel pads they are so much better than the Novalash eye stickers. Xtreme Lashes eye/gel pads are so easy to put on and the client notice a huge difference. Apparently I don't have the skill to put them on properly because I'm worried about the sticker scratching their cornea. Multiple times I have spent over 10 minutes just trying to tape down bottom lashes. I've tried Novalash's eye/gel pads and they seem to thick, difficult to use on smaller eyes and seem to have a little bit of lint. Obviously comfort to my client is very important to me, but so is functionality. It provides the protection that clients need while I use my sharp forceps to isolate their lashes.

I'm having a hard time with Novalash's glue. I feel that it makes client's lashes too clumpy, but perhaps its my application technique. At times, I've been told that I don't use enough glue, so I add more glue to my application and it becomes a HOT mess. There is also a strong fume that I find with Novalash's glue. My verdict on the glue with Xtreme Lashes will have to wait until clients come back for their touch up.

Stay tuned for my perspective on which vendor I prefer.


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what is the verdict? I've been using Novalash glue and it doesn't live up to its promised 6 month shelf life. It is consistent for the first two months, then it seems to gum up and get awfully thick. Then it clumps and no matter how long I fan it while isolating a single lash, once I release and move onto other lashes, invariably I find that the lash has 'melded' into other surrounding lashes, when I do a brush through lash check. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING! I would love to compare adhesives, but find that many on the market are only available for purchase after getting certified under that particular company's brand name-which can be as much as $1500 plus travel and hotel. I really want to provide a good product with consistent results and a reasonable set up/cure time. I don't know what you were taught during your Novalash training, but I was told that there has to be a certain level of humidity in the air for the glue to set properly and efficiently, so I use a humidifier. Now I am reading that for OTHER products out on the market, that the exact OPPOSITE is true, so a DEhumidifier would be called for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I am looking into getting trained as a lash extension technician, and I looked for your verdict on the glue with Xtreme Lashes when clients came back for their touch ups, but couldn't find it. Did you ever write that one? Are you still using Xtreme Lashes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Am also looking to get trained as a lash extension technician, please tell us more re Novalash versus Xtreme lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://glamoreyezstyle.blogspot.com/2009/08/another-xtreme-lash-class.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. No doubt your blog really very super and very helpful information about the Minkys Eyelash Extensions good work.
    Minkys Eyelash Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete